Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Namaste

I'll be honest.  I still don't know what that word means (note to self: Google-search "namaste" after posting).  You'd think after five or six classes, each of which ended with the instructor saying namaste to the class, and the class replying the same, I would have either (a) asked somebody from class what it meant--this would have been a great conversation starter, (b) looked it up on google, or (c) experienced one of those legendary yoga moments where one instantaneously acquire universal knowledge.  Regardless, I will soon know the meaning of "namaste."

Hello, and welcome to my yoga blog.  Or, in an effort to be yogic, perhaps I should rephrase and say "welcome to OUR yoga blog."  As you've probably gathered, I know nothing about yoga.  I have no idea whether changing "my" to "our" was yogic.  In fact, up until ten minutes ago, when I looked up the definition of "yoga," I didn't even know what the word "yoga" meant.

Anyhow, my name is Tyler, and this is Yogiology.  As far as I can tell--which isn't very far--yoga has a lot to do with achieving some sort of balance or peace within oneself.  I should throw out a disclaimer right now: Do not take anything I say regarding the subject of yoga as true.  And if, for some strange reason, you do, let me just say... seriously?  Did you even bother to read the first two paragraphs?

So Yogiology, for purposes of this blog, is a collection of my reflections on my yoga practice and development.  In all likelihood, it's going to become a gathering point for embarrassing moments in my life and an explanation for shitty grades come finals.  I should throw out there that I'm a third-year law student, I'm 25 and I recently found an interest in yoga.  In addition, I'm sick of law school and felt like this would be an effective way to spend my time in lectures (i.e., writing blog posts about yoga--potential future employers, I disclaim that last statement).

At this point, I will discontinue my rambling, and appropriately bid you adieu with a word that I'm soon to learn:

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment